We recommend the following care and washing tips:
For hand-washing (best recommended):
1. Gently remove the cover from the pillow.
2. Find a cleaner container, such as a basin or a bathtub and fill with cold water. (Avoid using warm or hot water as it might cause the colors to fade)
3. Add a gentle bleach-free detergent to the water and mix with the cold water. NEVER use any corrosive liquids (i.e. vinegar, bleach). Take caution using anything scented (detergent, fabric softener)
4. Immerse the pillow cover into the soapy water. In case of any stains, you may gently scrub them out by hand or with a soft, clean toothbrush.
5. After stains are removed, you may let the pillow cover fully soak for at least half an hour.
6. Remove the pillow cover from the soak and replace the water with cold, clean water to rinse until the water runs through the pillow cover when rinsing becomes clear.
7. When wringing the excess water off the pillow cover, be careful not to stretch the pillow cover too much to avoid damage on the fabric and the print.
8. Hang the cover dry, avoiding direct sunlight and any place with high humidity (i.e. bathroom). Do not use a dryer. Fold/use immediately to prevent wrinkles.
1. Turn the cover inside out to protect the colors and surface of the pillow cover.
2. Most preferably, insert the pillow cover into mesh bag for extra protection. (not necessary but recommended especially for top-loading washers) We recommend an adequately sized mesh bag to minimize the movement inside the washer.
3. Wash on normal settings around 55-70 minutes, adding extra rinse to the wash cycle to ensure it is free of detergent. NEVER use any corrosive liquids (i.e. vinegar, bleach). Take caution using anything scented (detergent, fabric softener)
4. Remove from bag and place into dryer with other soft clothing or sheets.
5. Dry for 15-20 minutes or until it feels dry on normal settings. Continue to add few minutes at a time if not yet dried. Larger loads may take up to 30 minutes. Dryer performance and actual drying time may vary.
6. Fold/use immediately to prevent wrinkles.
Additional Care Tips:
1. Body oil, dirt and smell may smear and rub easily into the pillow and its cover, thus a shower before hugging the pillow is recommended.
2. Keep the pillow away from pets to avoid damage from biting, scratches, etc.
3. It is recommended to have cut, short nails when hugging the pillow. Long nails might scratch and damage the pillow and its cover.
4. Do not expose the pillow cover under direct sunlight as it might cause colors to fade.